HELP THE NHS DEVELOP NEW TREATMENTS FOR COVID
Have you tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 5 days and have symptoms? If so, you can help the NHS develop new antiviral treatments by joining the PANORAMIC trial run by Oxford University. More details at: www.phctrials.ox.ac.uk/panoramic-trial
UPDATE FEBRUARY 2022
Have you had a Covid vaccine abroad? Use this link here to get it added into your record on the NHS App.
The practice remains open Monday to Friday. You can contact us three different ways:
Call us. Please bear in mind that waiting times in the call queue are longer between 8am and 10am, particularly on Monday mornings.
Use our eConsult tool. Available from the surgery website, you can use this to request a phone consultation with a GP, or request a repeat prescription, or other admin request. The tool has self-help guides in it and helps the practice by collecting a history in advance of you speaking to the GP.
Walk in. If you have a general question, you can pop in. Please note that we are not able to book an appointment on the spot if you walk in because we need to maintain social distancing in the waiting room. If you need an appointment, please call us, or use eConsult.
Generally, patients are offered a phone appointment first. Whilst this isn't every patient's first choice, it does have some advantages:
- lots of our GPs have kids. When their kids get a cough or a temperature, they have to get a PCR test and stay out of the surgery until we know they're not infected. Phone appointments allow them to carry on their clinical work
- it stops the waiting room getting packed which reduces your risk of picking up a bug from another patient
- sometimes, it's just as easy to do it over the phone
Face to face appointments are still an important and significant part of our service:
- when the doctor needs to physically examine you, or to see you in person to assess changes in symptoms
- immunisations, smears, ECGs, taking blood, physical health checks like blood pressure, pulse, and weight
- for people with complex ongoing needs
- for people who find communicating on the phone difficult
- Curated information to help you understand and deal with coronavirus
- Hello my name is coronavirus_kids info sheet.pdf
- COVID medical certificate.pdf
- Hospital Discharge Patient Leaflet_Editable_V3.pdf
- Educating kids online - links.pdf
- LBHF Council Social Care Keep In Touch Team.pdf